In May, Total 187 earthquakes which were larger than "earthquake intensity one" were observed. There was one earthquake bigger than earthquake intensity five (No. 4 in the table below). 15 people injured by the earthquake of No. 4.
Table: Notable Earthquakes in May 2014
|No.||Date||Earthquake center||Earthquake center||Magnitude||Earthquake intensity||Strongest quake
|1||May||3||岐阜、長野||Gifu, Nagano||3.9||3||Gifu, Ngano|
|2||May||3||硫黄島近海||Near Iwo Jima||6.0||2||Ogasawara|
|4||May||5||伊豆大島近海||Near Izu Oshima||6.0||5||Tokyo|
Size of circle indicates magnitude. Color of circle indicates depth of the hypocenter.
Source is Japan Meteorological Agency.
- Notable Earthquakes in September of 2013
- Notable Earthquakes in October of 2013
- Notable Earthquakes in November of 2013
- Notable Earthquakes in December 2013
- Notable Earthquakes in January 2014
- Notable Earthquakes in February 2014
- Notable Earthquakes in March 2014
- Notable Earthquakes in April 2014