In last June (2014), we had 143 earthquakes which were greater than "earthquake intensity one". None of them were greater than "earthquake intensity five". No tsunami and no casualty were reported.
On June 24th, there was a big earthquake (Magnitude 6.9 approximately) near Rat Islands of Aleutian Islands. The authority observed slight sea level change caused by the earthquake in Aomori and Hokkaido.
Table: Notable Earthquakes in June 2014, Japan
|No.||Month||Date||Earthquake center||Earthquake center||Magnitude||Earthquake intensity||Strongestquake observed at|
|3||6||9||宮城県沖||in the waters off Miyagi||4.6||4||Miyagi|
|6||6||16||茨城県沖||in the waters off Ibaraki||5.7||3||Fukushima|
|7||6||16||福島県沖||in the waters off Fukushima||5.8||4||Fukushima|
|8||6||17||房総半島南方沖||in the waters off Boso||5.3||3||Chiba|
|9||6||26||根室半島南東沖||in the waters off Nemuro||4.8||4||Hokkaido|
|10||6||29||硫黄島近海||Near Iwo Jima||6.4||3||Tokyo|
Size of circle indicates magnitude. Color of circle indicates the depth of the hypocenter.
Source is Japan Meteorological Agency.
- Notable Earthquakes in September of 2013
- Notable Earthquakes in October of 2013
- Notable Earthquakes in November of 2013
- Notable Earthquakes in December 2013
- Notable Earthquakes in January 2014
- Notable Earthquakes in February 2014
- Notable Earthquakes in March 2014
- Notable Earthquakes in April 2014
- Notable Earthquakes in May 2014 in Japan